My clinical career and personal history makes me an intuitive counsellor – with particular expertise around trauma and relationships. I’m a realist, who understands how hard life’s experiences can be. You can talk to me in confidence. Working in partnership my methods tailored specifically to your needs will equip you go forward with your life.
Effective Clinical Supervision and Mentoring for Professionals
Since earning my Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling in 1998, I have managed two Mental Health Projects and was Clinical Services Director for a Counselling service, overseeing a team of 20 counsellors. I have also been involved in Pastoral Care and Leadership in London for over 20 years.
My supervision services are built around this extensive practice knowledge and I have enabled many other caring professionals and organisations to set up and develop their own counselling and mental health services.
A creative approach to therapy
Having run a design company for 10 years before becoming a professional therapist, I still enjoy enabling people to access and express their own creativity. When relevant, clients find incorporating creative methods and Art Therapy into our work very beneficial. This creative approach to counselling can also be an effective gateway when working with issues from childhood.
I have a genuine, ongoing commitment to personal and professional development. Constantly updating my knowledge and skills through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses. The benefits of my learning is shared with my clients and colleagues. Among my qualifications I have studied:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Person Centred & Existential Counselling. City University 1998
- Prepare-Enrich Relationships Practitioner 2005
- Supervision for Counsellors & Those in Related Professions (Cascade) 2006
- Certificate in C.B.T. Skills 2008
- Accredited Race Equality & Cultural Capability Trainer (R.E.C.C.) NHS Trust. 2009
- Mental Health Issues in Counselling 2012
- Extreme Reactions; Self Harm & Suicide,
- Working with Dissociative Disorders
- Understanding Personality Disorders
- Working with The Inner Child 1 & 2, 2012
- Advanced Communication Skills in Relationships ACC 2013
- Living & Working With Dissociation PODS. 2014
- Mind & Soul Conference. Big Mental Health Day 2015
I am also a qualified Member of:
- BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists. ?A public record of therapists who have met our standards for registration. ?These standards cover training, supervision, continuing professional development and a commitment to our?Ethical Framework.?The BACP Register was established in 2012 and was the first psychological therapists’ register to be accredited by the?Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care, an independent body accountable to Government.?The main purpose of the Register is to protect the public. It provides reassurance to clients, employers and the general public that a registered therapist adheres to high standards of proficiency and good practice.
- BACP British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- ACC Association of Christian Counsellors
- TAG Trauma & Abuse Group
- Prepare-Enrich Relationship Practitioners
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & MEDIA